NRA Basic Range Safety Officer Class
The Coyote Point Rifle and Pistol Club requires all members of all types to demonstrate proof of current range safety officer certification. The Club is holding a number of NRA Range safety officer courses in order to allow members to meet this requirement. These classes are open to qualified individuals that are not members of the Coyote Point Rifle and Pistol Club.
This course teaches the basic duties a Range Safety Officer performs. It provides a thorough introduction to: the role of Range Safety Officers (RSOs); range Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); range safety briefings; range inspections and rules; emergency procedures; and how to clear firearm stoppages and correct malfunctions. The skills acquired in this course require regular practice which should initially take place under the supervision of a qualified individual—such as an NRA Chief Range Safety Officer (CRSO).
Simply arriving at the class does not guarantee that you pass the course. Expectations of students in order to pass:
- You must participate in the entire course and pass the written examination with 90% or above
- You must display the knowledge, skills, and attitude as required in the NRA national curriculum in order to be a range safety officer
Students are required to bring the following materials to class:
- Range appropriate clothing
- Pens/Pencil/paper for notes, filling out forms, and taking the test
- Please bring a packed lunch. We won’t have time to go off-site for lunch.
- There is no live fire in the class, however this is an active range. Please bring hearing protection in case anyone else is using the range that day.
Note: We are required to report your name, address, phone number, email address, NRA membership number, date of birth, and gender to the NRA in order to give you credit for the class.
The course credit is assigned to your NRA membership number, so please register here with *exactly* the same name and address the NRA has on file for you. You can look up your NRA information here: https://www.nramemberservices.org/
The NRA site won’t allow us to register you for the class if the membership number does not match the name, address, and date of birth.
Coyote Point is a 100% NRA member club. Coyote Point Club members must provide their NRA membership number when signing up for this course.
Refund policy: You can get a refund of your class fees as long as you contact us via Eventbright or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the class starts. A no-show/no-call is no-refund.