NRA Personal Protection in the Home
NRA Personal Protection in the Home:
The NRA courses are designed to progressively refine student firearm handling, and increase knowledge of firearms. Though Personal Protection in the Home is focused on home defense situations, it is also considered the second coarse in a the NRA handgun series.
*Personal Protection in the Home participants must be experienced shooters to maximize what can be learned from this course. NRA Basic Pistol is in most cases a requirement for the class.
- Introduction to Defensive Shooting
- Basic Defensive Handgun Skills
- Using barricades
- Shooting from kneeling
- Firearms and the Law: Possession, Ownership, and the Use of Deadly Force.
*Conducted by an Attorney licensed to practice law within the State of California.
- Strategies for Home Safety and Responding to a Violent Confrontation
- Selecting a Handgun for Self-Defense
- Sport Shooting Activities and Training Opportunities
- Course Review and Examination
NRA Personal Protection in the Home is an 8 hour class, and is available on request.
Location: Personal Protection in the Home is being hosted out of the 10th street rifle range in Santa Clara, CA.
Class Reservation: To reserve your spot in our next class, please visit the link below. You can also contact us for more information.